My family

My family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beautiful

I just feel like I need to express how grateful I am for all of the beautiful things in my life. I am truly blessed. I have the most wonderful family. I know I say this a lot, but it is true so I will say it again. I have an amazing husband who loves me. He is also the most loving and involved Dad. He loves to be with, and play with his kids. He is not afraid to tell his family how much he loves us. He is a worthy priesthood holder, which brings priceless blessings to our family. I am grateful he serves and loves the Lord like he does. He is always so willing help me and do whatever he can to make me happy. He has always been an example to me and I am continually learning from him, and I know I will always be learning from his example.

I have the sweetest, special little girl named Clara Colette Cotton. She brings light and laughter to me. I can't think of somthing that makes me happier than being with her and seeing her learning and growing. She has such a big personality, full of life and spunk. She is very expressive and knows exactly what she wants. She is strong willed and sweet at the same time. And she is amazingly smart as well, she loves to learn. When she was 20 months she knew how to count to ten. She knows all of her colors and animal sounds and has for a long time now. She communicates exceptionally well for her age, which has been a real blessingwith now having two kids. She loves reading books and surprises me by how much she remembers when we read together, and she will read on her own and I can pick out quite a few of the actual words she is saying. She also has a love of music and knows so many songs. It is one of my favorite things in the world to listen to her sing. And it sure is nice that she sleeps now, she has been a much happier little girl since we had her tonsils out. It has also been fun to see how much she loves her new little brother. She loves to "hode Leem" (hold Liam), and give him kisses and hugs. She will often literally smother him with her love by giving him big hugs and kisses, and leaning on him in his chair while trying to give him loves. I love to see her eyes light up when she sees him in the morning and shouts "LEEM!" (Liam). I can't imagine my life without her.

I have recently been blessed to have a new addition to my life, his name is Liam Christopher Cotton. To be honest before he came to our home I was worried I would not have enough love to share because my love for Clara was so strong. But I have quickly found out that is not the case at all. My love for Clara has not diminished in the least (although at times that may not hold true with my patience), I love her as much as ever. But my capacity to love has been increased. I love my little boy more than I could have hoped for. He brings such a sweet spirit to our home. He will be two months tomorrow, I can't believe time has passed so quickly. He is at a fussy stage right now, he is a colicky baby for sure. I feel like if he is awake he is almost always crying. But there are moments when he feels good that melt my heart. He already smiles a lot, much more than Clara ever did. Seeing his sweet smile makes every hard moment of the day and night worth it. He loves to be talked to and held. He is a cuddle bug and I absolutely love it! He loves to have people around him at all times, but that is usually not a problem because we all love to be around him too. I love him so much.

This may sound strange, but I can't believe I am a mother already. And not just that, but also that I am a mother of two children! When I was younger I never really wanted to do anything when I grew up, except to be a mother. I used to picture myself in my own home with a husband and kids and it seemed impossibly far away. But now I am there! Although I am there I have a hard time realizing that this is it, this is what I always imagined for myself. When I think of myself I still don't really think of myself as a mom, at least not like I picture other moms. But I have moments of realization when I can finally see it. I am so blessed to have everything I ever imagined I could have. And I don't mean any of these things I am saying to sound like I am bragging in any way. Because what I am really meaning to do is express how grateful I am for the blessings I have received from the Lord. I know I would not have anything I have without the Lord. I would also never have the gospel which is one of the greatest blessings in my life. To have the opportunity to pray to my Heavenly Father, to read the scriptures an find answers to my prayers and concerns, to have values and morals to keep me safe and to keep peace in my life and heart, to have the opportunity to repent because of Christ's atonement, and to give me direction in my life are priceless blessings. And all of these beautiful things are from my Heavenly Father and my Savior.


Liams smile!!!!


She was hitting her head against the wall while I was taking pictures of her, and after a while she finally realized it kind of hurt!


My sweet sister Morgan came over so she could take Clara out to play in the snow. This was her first time REALLY playing in the snow. SHe absolutely loved it! She didn't want to come in, and then for the next week or two would beg to go out in the snow.





This is Clara in her little apron. We were cooking and then I started to clean up, and as usual she asked to clean as well. So she went to get a rag and brought it to me. She then proceeded to wipe everything down including the windows. I hope this love of cleaning goes on forever!

Liam happy to be with his Daddy.














3 comments:

Hans and Chelsey said...

You are blest. They are adorable.

The Sloans said...

Wow, that was the sweetest post! Liam is so cute, I can't wait to see him in real life :). Chris, Clara, and Liam are just as blessed to have you in their lives too.

John and Nicole Makoni said...

I just love to read your blog! You have such a beautiful family!!