My family

My family

Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer fun

This summer has been so much fun. It is so different to have two kids rather than just one. I just have to thank my Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to stay home and raise my children. I have been thinking a lot lately of how much I enjoy being a Mom. I have those moments where everything sinks in and I realize that I will never have that certain moment back. My kids will never be the same as they are right now. I admit these are usually the moments when the kids are getting along great and giggling together, and not so much the moments when they are both screaming because Clara hit Liam and then he grabbed her hair etc...yeah. But those special moments put the other moments into perspective. As hard as it is to believe I think I will miss those moments of tantrums, tired little...or not so little cries, the screaming fits, and the drama. Although being a Mom is tough, the good FAR outweighs the hard. I often try to just "record" those special moments when everything sinks in. I try to imprint them in my mind forever. I cannot imagine anything that could bring me more joy than spending time with my sweet kids. And summer provides for some fun activities. I am so behind on blogging there is no way I could get in much of what we have been up to. We have been so busy all the time. But here are a few snippets.
Here is Liam asleep at the zoo.
Fishy Face! Clara loves to be silly!
She still loves trains just as much as she always has. Here we are at the zoo riding the train. It is for sure her favorite part of the zoo.
Clara and Liam are so sweet together, when they want to be. Clara is really such a good big sister and loves her little brother with all of her little heart. The first thing she always asks when she wakes up from her nap is "where's Liam?" And if he is awake she gets so excited! And Liam adores Clara as well. His face lights up whenever she is near him. It is the sweetest thing in the entire world to watch them when they are being sweet.
On the carousel at the zoo. I love Clara's smile. She tries so hard! :)


Ever since Clara was just tiny she loved shoes. The love has never died! The shoe store is one of her favorite places to go. As soon as we are in her shoes are off and she if finding the most sparkly, high-heeled shoes she can.
Riding a horse!...sort of. But actually in June she did ride a real horse! I was so proud of her. I was not there becuase we were running ragnar(post about that to come). But she is usually kind of afraid of animals, at least up close. So I was so excited to hear about it. She still talks about it all the time.
Clara is like her Mommy and loves V8 "geeate". This day I gave her the can and started to clean up the kitchen. A few minutes later this is what I found!

We also decided to try a garden again despite our pathetic attempt last year. Liam and Daddy getting ready to plant

One of Clara's favorite things to do is swing.
Clara loves to make new friends. This is a little girl she met while we were at liberty park. She always plays with older kids.
Papa and Liam. He loves his Papa!
Liam with "Meme"
Clara's beautiful smile on Gaga's birthday. She had to help her blow out her candles..twice.
These picture sure are out of order, and if I am going to get my blogging done this is how they are going to stay! But here is more gardening. Clara was eating her all time favorite thing, "posicles".
Here she is blowing out Gaga's candles.
Daddy watching something on the Ipad, probably soccer. But Liam was so interested and it was so cute to see them sitting together watching sports. I have a feeling this will be happening often in the future.
Clara got into the flour while baking.
Clara absolutely LOVES to push a little cart at the store. I use this as bribery. :)
Gaga, Clara, and Papa
 Clara also loves dressing up. She also has to pick out many of her outfits now. Although sometimes she may look like a little orphan, she is such a cute little orphan. I love it!
 Clara and her cousin Reaygan.
 Liam and his cousin Kyler/
 Here is Liam's sweet smile. It just melts my heart. I still can't belive how smiley he is now that he has gotten over the colic. He is so happy and laid back. I can just smile at him or talk to him and he will smile and giggle! That is so strange after Clara. She would't budge for anything! Clara was just so funny, I loved it. But it is so much fun to have such a smiley baby! His smile makes everything better! He has little sceaming fits, but other than that he is so mellow!  And CUDDLY! He gives so many hugs! He always just nestles his little head into my neck. I LOVE LOVE IT!
 Liam next to his new little cousin Kade Damien.
 His eyes! I love them! And we always get comments on his cute little nose and tiny mouth. So adorable!
 This was fathers Day. Clara ran off with Chris' present because she wanted the bag to be her purse, and Liam was just happy as could be sitting on Daddy. Chris is the most wonderful Dad. I love that he is not afraid to be sweet with the kids. He loves them so much, and they know it! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband.
These were some lilacs in our yard this year. I love flowers!
I love summer!

2 comments:

Nick Scott Family said...

Love the post! Isn't it so true - there are days when I think I could do better as a mom but then i think I will never capture these moments again and I love being able to stay home with these two little boys!! It is so precious to see when they are playing together - love the pictures of your two little ones. They are cuties!!

Hans and Chelsey said...

Great post. When I come to town we should get Arlee and Clara together. It is crazy how much Liam has grown since we moved. Miss you guys.